Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
Collection of personal information
We may ask for personal information which may include one or more of the following:
- Basic customer information (address, name, gender, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, telephone number, and mailing address, etc.)
- Additional customer information (occupation, employment (company name, address, telephone number, department, title, etc.)
- Payment information (credit card number, bank account information, billing address, etc.)
- Service usage information (facility usage history, product purchase history, etc.)
- Communication details (e-mails, website form entry details, facsimile, telephone notes, letters, questionnaires, etc.)
- Information collected via security systems (security cameras, card keys, etc.)
- Information automatically collected at the hotel website (cookies, IP address, browser type, date and time of access, etc.)
- Hotel register information (address, name, occupation, nationality, passport number, age, previous place stayed, travel destination, arrival time/date, room type, etc.)
- Purposes of use based on the performance of obligations arising from an agreement with a customer
Purposes of use of personal information
The Company shall not use the personal information of its customers for any purpose other than the following unless such other use is required by law or regulation or such other purpose is presented separately.
- Receipt and management of reservations at facilities operated by us (hereinafter referred to as “the Facilities”) (including confirmation, change, cancellation, reminder, etc.)
- Responding to customer opinions, requests, and inquiries
- Notification and sending of information, relating to the Facilities as well as your reservation to customers via email, postal mail, courier services, telephone, facsimile or other means.
- Provision of services at our Facilities (accommodation, food and beverage, sales of goods, and sales and provision of other incidental goods and services)
- Payment, settlement, billing, refund, receipt of cancellation fees, receipt of receipts, and other services related to settlement of accounts for the services we provide
- Conducting a questionnaire on our Facilities
- Distribution of email newsletters, information about campaigns and notifications
- Operation relating to various campaigns conducted by us (accepting applications, contacting the winners, and shipment of presents)
- Prevention of illegal contracts and unauthorised use and non-payment of our services, and to investigate and handle such conducts when it occurs
- To investigate and respond to failures, malfunctions and accidents in our systems and networks
- To respond to the notices and instructions issued by the laws and regulations and/or administrative authorities
- Survey and analysis of usage of our services, and marketing
- To communicate and provide information related to transactions with our affiliated business entities, and to other matters
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide your personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
In addition, in order to jointly use the customer’s personal information, the act of providing the customer’s personal information between HIDAIIYO Co., Ltd. and affiliated companies shall not fall under the category of disclosure or provision to third parties in this subsection.
- With the consent by the data subject himself/herself
- Where disclosure or provision is required to the extent permitted by laws and regulations
- Where it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property, and is difficult to obtain consent from the data subject
- If it is specifically necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the Customer’s consent
- Where it is necessary for the national and local public entities, etc. to cooperate in the execution of public affairs, and where there is a risk that the execution of such affairs will be hindered by obtaining the consent from the data subject
- Disclosure or provision of statistical data (information that cannot identify the data subject’s identity)
- In cases of merger, acquisition, transfer of operation, and other reason in connection with the succession of the business
Outsourcing of the duties
We may consign part of business operation to provide customers with products and services to consignee and provide customers’ personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of us.
In this case, the Company will provide instructions and supervision to the outsourcee to ensure appropriate management.
Disclosure of personal information
If disclosure, correction, or discontinuation of use of a Customer’s personal information is requested, the Company will verify the identity of the applicant, and accommodate such request to the extent reasonable and necessary.
However, if any of the following cases applies, we may decline some or all of the claims.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our business
- When it violates other laws and regulations
Inquiries regarding the protection of personal information
If you wish to make inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the following.